Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Reminder of Home

Hi Drewy. Here's a few pics to remind you of home. It's a grey, coolish, rainy, overcast day here today (same as yesterday) - just the kind of day I like to have now and again but to someone living in the northern hemisphere it's probably not what you want to see..........you probably want sunshine and heat hey?! I think the dark day also played up with the photo quality. That's my excuse anyway.
Artichoke flowers.

I don't know what's wrong with my lemons - perhaps I bought a mislabelled lime bush instead. Am I supposed to do something with them to make them go yellow??
The beetroot are flourishing.
As are the salad greens.
The eggplant look pretty on the bush. We haven't managed to eat any yet. Some other creatures get to them before we do.
I planted 16 snow peas along this little climbing trellis. I don't imagine I'll end up with too many due to the mice but I'm hoping for at least some success.

I also planted some in the pot at the front verandah. I figure if I spread the geographical location of my crop I might actually grow some.
This is what's left of the little lemon scented herb I planted last week. I thought that, because it had a bit of size about it, it might survive the pests but it's quite damaged.
The cedar tree seed pods look pretty in the rain.
The grass needs mowing Drewy.
The poinciana tree is enjoying all the rain and is finally making a beautiful canopy. This is one of the two trees that Grandad bought me for $2 each from Howard many moons ago.
Despite being repeatedly told that they're not allowed in the garden, these two continually disobey me. Just like little kids hey???!
This is the view looking towards the house grid - where the paperbark tree was removed. Have I already shown you this view? It's totally opened everything up.
Here's two photos of the trees at the end of the house that Rocky cut back to save the gutters clogging up. These were taken a few weeks ago when it was sunny.
To finish off, Meg just made these this morning. Melting Moments. You would love them. Very delicious, except after eating two I now feel a little queasy. Am off to have some fluffy fried rice (that Meg made as well) then might have a little rest!! Love you and Miss you, Mumma.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Oh my, melting moments. My favourite ... particularly during this period of abstinence.
Lovely post, I shed a little tear when I got to the end though.
You take care Mare.