Saturday, March 26, 2011

Old Friends

Old friends came to visit on Thursday night. After three hair pulling days at Surat, their presence was very welcome.


Kerry is my oldest post school friend - she was one of the first girls I met when I moved to Brisbane in August 1980, to Milton House. Six of us moved out a few months later into a house in Frederick Street, Toowong across the road from the cemetary. We had some wild times during the 12 months we spent there! I was the only working girl - the other 5 went to Kelvin Grove Teachers College.


We haven't seen each other for seven years and keep in sporadic contact via email and facebook yet when we get together the years melt away and it seems like we saw each other only last month. We catch up on each others families and lives and talk about the old days. Haha, the old days - well I guess they are now! It's thirty-one years ago since I met her. We were only 18. She and Alan have taken to travelling the world and Kerry is heavily into photography.


I think she needed to visit, for both our sakes. People float in and out of our lives as we need them and we might even get to see a bit more of each other if some very tentative plans come to fruition.

No comments: