Thursday, March 10, 2011

Back here Again, Again

We're back at Surat for a few days. I'm beginning to feel like I should move here. In fact, I've just walked around the house working out where I'd fit the furniture if we ever did end up here! Unlikely, but anything's possible.

Gibbo came here on Sunday then drove up to Comet for three days of budget meetings, then back to here yesterday. I drove out and met him and we went to the pub for dinner. I passed three cars and a truck between Tara and Surat, a distance of 150km - and the truck had wags on board, heading for the feedlot. I grabbed some cd's from home before I left and played some really good and some really crap music really loud, all the way. Only took out three birds.

It's good to get away from the feedlot; sometimes it really does my head in. From here, 500 bulls have to go to the Gulf, the Territory and Indonesia plus there were four Japanese visitors to show around. I worked on budgets and cattle pools and cleaned the bathroom and kitchen in the main house. With no-one living here the mice are having a blast. I flicked one off me during the night and one bit Gibbo on the finger. There were 21 frogs on the kitchen steps last night. It's a good thing I like frogs.

The blog police have been onto me again about the number of photos I posted of the cricket. I know there were a lot but it was a special occasion and Gibbo doesn't get to feature here very often - so that's the reason!

Meg has gone to Twba for a belated International Womens Day gathering at her regional office. She went armed with 24 decorated patty cakes. I'll post a photo when I get home. Only one though.

No comments: