Monday, March 28, 2011

Picking, Baking and Preserving

I harvested the beetroot this afternoon, along with the biggest eggplant to date, some salad greens and eschallot for the salad for tea (with wagyu pattie) and the second barnie egg for the day. I baked the beetroot, following Stephanie Alexander's process. It was very simple. I took photos of the after but the beetroot just look like dark blobs with hair. Maybe they'll be more photogenic tomorrow when I slice them.I didn't grow these passionfruit although I do have a vine that has pretty flowers on it. I am a big fan of passionfruit butter but have never made it.......well after tonight, I'll never BUY it again. The batch I made is AWESOME... although perhaps not ideal for someone with a sugar problem. I've been eating it by the spoonful. Again, I used Stephanie's recipe.



Perhaps I overestimated the size of the jar required - I'll need a long handled knife. Or spoon.
It won't last long.

No comments: