Monday, March 28, 2011

My Weekend

I had one of those weekends that seemed to last forever. Meg went to Brisbane; G and I had Chinese for tea on Friday night after his poultry club meeting.

I spent early Saturday morning in the vege garden; the snow peas have emerged, both at the trellis and in the terracotta pot at the house. I need to get photos before they possibly disappear. At night, I've taken to covering the ones at the trellis with small tins to protect them from what I now suspect are not the mice, but cut worms. My small zucchini bush was demolished overnight Friday and I found 7-8 grubs on it. I mixed a bin full of feed for the chooks. I took my time in town, doing some browsing and shopping for gifts for Drew's Canadian family. I grabbed some lettuce, broccoli and coriander to plant out. I'm covering the lettuce too until they get some size about them. The broccoli were tiny plants so I put them into a foam box over at the house.

On Sunday I again spent the early morning at the vege garden. Time passes by quickly when I potter around over there. The local cricket grand final was on too. While Gibbo's team fielded I went to J and tuned Mate's two new digital tv's. It was good to see him, he's looking well. I made it to the cricket just in time to see Gibbo take a diving catch (and rolling six times for extra effect). Kerry and Alan called in on their way back from the coast. I gave her a 365 diary and some stickers that I'd asked Meg to pick up for me at kikki-k. Kerry was thrilled.

Long story short, Gibbo's team won (that's worth another blog at a later date). So I managed to cover all bases pretty well over the entire weekend. I caught up on 365 (it's looking so fat already; (by the time December comes it will stand up on its' own); I blogged; I did the shopping; I browsed; I worked; I saw my Dad; I saw old friends for the second time in four days; I talked to Drewy; I gardened; I went to the cricket -.-; I caught up on Meg's weekend and I managed some alone time.

I think that's a good weekend.

No comments: