Sunday, March 6, 2011

Canada Update

After five long weeks we've finally heard the news we've been waiting for....Drew will move to a new family tomorrow. When I wake up in the morning he should be heading to his new home and a welcome dinner organised by his new parents and sister. I won't go into any of the reasons for the move except to say that his current situation isn't suitable or sustainable.

He will have a Canadian Mum and Dad, sister and two brothers (who don't live at home). He will have a cat to stroke and a grand piano to tinkle away on. He will have Sunday night family dinners. He will have rules and a curfew. Most important of all, he will have a FAMILY....and company....and people to talk to. He can re-start this part of his grand adventure over again.

He just had a week off school with acute bronchitis. He has one more week until March/Spring break. He gets to stay at the same school but will have to catch a bus or two to get there but that doesn't worry him. He's worked out the Ottawa bus system pretty well now.

He posted a totally hilarious video on facebook of himself falling over while ice-skating. I'll try to link to it. I watch it often just to see him and hear him having fun. (I managed to link to it but it brought the whole page over with links to everyone else so I deleted it. I'll just have to keep watching it on my ipad and laughing.)


 He went curling. 
 A typical photo - Drew holding the camera while everyone crowds in around him. Makes for fun pics. 

No comments: