Wednesday, February 9, 2011

World's Biggest Ice Skating Rink...and a Tree Rat

Hello all !

Last Saturday my friend Margie and I went Ice Skating along the Ottawa Canal. It's known as the worlds largest ice skating rink; it goes for 5km but we only skated 2.5 because I got tired haha. One thing I learnt from the experience.. Its very easy to fall over whilst standing still on skates. At every 1km mark they had food and drink huts on the ice. I was waiting in line to buy some 'beaver tails' (donut pastry) and one minute I was standing, the next I was down. Rather embarrassing on my part haha

Afterwards we had a look at the ice sculpting competition just next to the canal, took photos and went shopping :)

Was amazing fun and I'm going again this Saturday. I'm not to keen but Margie (girl in the photos) is, so I'm going. Ha

The little fellow you saw at the end of the photos is a squirrel, or as the Canadians call them 'Tree Rats', and he lives outside my bedroom window. He looks a bit crazy so I've decided not to befriend him! Haha

Hope all is well with everything back home :)

Love Drew.














No comments: