Thursday, February 24, 2011

365

I'm really enjoying my 365 diary. I like to look back over it and be reminded of what's gone before. So often we forget the little things that have happened; they're lost forever in our memory. This way, they're with us forever. It's only two months old but already there's things to look back and smile at that might otherwise be forgotten. I guess it's a bit like blogging - a visual diary of sorts; I spend a lot of time between sliprail and 365 but I don't mind. Both these things make me feel good and that's better than feeling angst, anxious and antsy! They're both a real creative outlet; writing the blog and making a page look nice in the book. I haven't had a creative outlet for a very long time and I appreciate that I've found something that brings me joy.

I often see something that makes me think "I'll have to blog about THAT" or "that will be perfect for 365". I like to re-visit the scrapbooking shop to see if they've got any new supplies in that would be suitable (they haven't). I'm always on the lookout for something. Here's a small peek at some of the recent 365 entries.
I had the Blog Police onto me this morning about my two posts last night - and the spelling and grammatical errors found within. I'm usually VERY particular about my words but I let a few typos through to the keeper last night that were picked up this morning! I'm going to leave them as they are but I'll try harder next time. I promise. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

That diary is going to be such a beautiful collection of memories for you to treasure Mare. Can only imagine how much Drew will love going through it seeing what was happening at home in his absence. It's lovely to have a creative outlet I think. I'm not an arty, creative person, always been too practical, in too big a hurry to get 'real' jobs done. Until I found blogging I guess. And moreso than the blogging probably photography. I'm really enjoying my camera. I've actually been doing an online course about the manual modes of the camera and have received a wonderful book in the mail this week, so am looking forward to exploring the settings on my camera armed with a little more knowledge.
Now you've left me hanging, with what news you'll be sharing over the next week or two.
Will just be happy to know that everything's well with you.
Have a lovely weekend Mare.
Fiona.