Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Catching Up

Nearly Thursday already; hello? where has the week gone.

I went to Brisbane on Monday to our head office for a software planning meeting. It had never been my intention to attend; I am attempting to avoid the day to day machinations of the office, having enough other admin work to keep me more than occupied. However, developments over the weekend left me as the obvious admin candidate for the meeting so there I was, not exactly thrilled to be there. In the end it was a worthwhile exercise and probably good that I went. It meant that I missed my final PEB meeting; new office bearers were elected so I will have to meet with the new secretary to hand over all the files. When I got back I caught up for a coffee with Gibbo and Meg who were out for dinner with PD, one of our favourite people.

I had to run Gibbo over to Brymaroo early Tuesday morning so that he could get a lift with RF to Armidale for the latest AWA Board Meeting. The day he gets off the Board will be a day of rejoice for me. I went back to Jondy this afternoon (Wed) to pick him up.

We're off to the Gold Coast on Sunday for our Manager's Conference. G has to deliver three short presentations over the three days; that's our job for tomorrow and Friday, writing them. After the conference we fly to Sydney for two days so that G can play for Qld Over 40's at the SCG..........yes, you heard correctly, the hallowed Sydney Cricket Ground. All bow now please. The Qld boys will use the same dressing rooms as any visiting cricket team would.....so they will be in where, for example, the English team were during the last Ashes debacle...and I will get to sit where the English players sat. Woo Hoo.......more cricket. Just what I wanted to do on our wedding anniversary too!!!! Anyway, it should all make for an interesting blog post hey? Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Certainly doesn't sound as though you're having much trouble filling in your days Mare.
Sydney, look out! Enjoy yourselves and of course I need to see photos (as many as you like)!