Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dear Drew

Not much has changed here since you left. Meg went to Allora on Friday for the rodeo and show. She went canoeing on the Condamine and fell out of the boat at some rapids (!?!). Yes, rapids! She has scars and injuries to prove it. Drama Queen, can't imagine where she gets it.



Gibbo and I had a seafood dinner last night - prawns, fish and seafood marinara. I de-veined the prawns before I ate them (G peeled them). See the juicy tomatoes - the first pickings from the latest garden crop.

Millie is still being..............well, a pig.
 Old Red is still chasing his girls around.
I spread some feedlot manure on the vege stations to give them a bit of a boost. 
 I have 27 of these pumpkins and 20 butternuts. They are starting to show signs of sun scald.
 The eschallots are still going well.
 and so is the basil. It's going so well that it's gone to seed.
 I rescued these two eggs from the crazy Barnie girls. They go berserk every time I go near the pen.
 Here's a blurry unattractive picture of eggplant no.1. I have another two elsewhere.
 A hanging pumpkin.
 The comfrey is growing back after it self destructed.
And so Drewy, that's the end of the garden tour for today. I have some things to plant out this afternoon once the fierceness has gone from the sun. Will send some more photos soon.

Just off the phone from you after your ice skating and Winter festival shopping. Talk again soon. Mwah.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Feel as though I'm intruding commenting here Mare, but just love looking at photos of your garden. My basil's all gone to seed too, haven't got any eggplants on yet but the plants are flowering. We've really been enjoying squash and the zucchinis are starting. We moved the chook dome yesterday, so I've got seedlings to plant out this afternoon as well, although we've also got a yard full of calves to brand, so the seedlings may need to wait another day.
Very hot and muggy here today.
Fiona.