Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Playing Ladies

Today I'm going to a Melbourne Cup Luncheon, my first ever. These occasions are really not my thing but I wasn't forceful enough when asked to attend - my aawwhh/I don't think so/maybe/I'll get back to you somehow became a definite yes. So I'm going, wearing the dress I originally bought for formal but Drew isn't a huge fan of it so I've swapped and decided on something else for formal.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, there's 20 people coming to the feedlot for lunch today. I've organized and prepared as much as I can and the girls in the office are going to finish the prep and serve. The visitors are our biggest clients so we couldn't really put them off. G is away too, flew to Emerald this morning.

Well, I'll let you know how the day goes and whether my donkey won or came last (quite likely).

9.15pm - Horse No. 8 won - my favourite number. I had no idea what horses were running and there was so much noise going on that we missed the jump start! However, I managed to jag No. 8 in a $2 sweep and won $12. The luncheon was incredibly well organised and presented with some neat little touches. I was very impressed with the ladies who co-ordinated everything; they deserve congratulations. I expect they will have made a bucket load of money for the three kindergartens in town. Well Done, Ladies.

Here's what I wore................Drew took some photos when we all met up again at home after 5pm; we had a bit of fun in the garden. I love this dress.........at least it's different, not exactly your regular frock. The boys (ie Gibbo and Drew) can't really come to terms with those sleeves but Meg and I really like them!!

 Are they tuckshop arms or just skinny ones?


No comments: