Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Last Tuesday

Today was the last Tuesday of school; they're disappearing quickly now. Drew headed off for the culmination of The Rocky Horror Road Show which went well. It sounds like it might have shocked a few of the kids, with the aftermath of the "accident" being quite graphic and emotional. I hope it saves at least one life.
He came home feeling tired and a bit down and it showed.


The Awards of Excellence Evening started at 6 and was finished at 7.30; short and sweet and well organized. Drew received a Leadership Award as Prefect and also one of the College Icon Awards - the Mons. Thomas Nolan Award, presented to four students who:

Demonstrate both creativity and innovation
Display loyalty to their community
Are well regarded by others both within the College and the wider D community
Work for the benefit of their community

Drew didn't know he was getting the Icon Award until he saw his name and face on the big screen (neither did we until we got there and read the program). It was a fitting reward for a year of dedication and I was a very proud mother. We took a lot of photos and had a bit of fun.

















We went to Macca's and had coffee, food and laughs with a bunch of other kids and parents.
I FINALLY FINISHED THE DECO'S AT 11.28.01pm - I nearly cried with relief. After cutting out 635 pieces of cardboard and sticking them all together with tape I have 31 card "stacks" - 20 for table centrepieces and 11 to play around with on the walls. My thumb is really sore, my brain is fried from the tedious repetition of the job but I have the end result I wanted and that's a good thing - it's not often that I'm satisfied. I've had offers of help which I've graciously declined - if I do it myself I have total control over the quality of the final product - is that anal or what?!?!?!




So. Three days left. How do I feel? Sad and Glad.

No comments: