Monday, November 22, 2010

The Last Thursday

Thursday was a reasonably quiet day. I left early for Toowoomba to return the grey suit; it was raining and windy. I made it back in time to go to lunch at the school. The kids straggled in from the after-party in various degrees of health. There was some fallout from the formal and a request for there not to be a traditional drive-by the school Friday afternoon. The kids went to the church for graduation practice; I ducked out to the office to finalise an EU paper for the BM next week. I went back to town and took Drew to Mum's for a wakeup shower then dropped him at the home of his partners' father. They travelled to Toowoomba together and arrived home around 11pm. I picked him up. The G formal was very nice and his partner looked lovely. By this stage, I was shattered. Lucky there was only day to go.

I wanted to fix his hair on numerous occasions during the week but the days of spitting on my fingers and re-arranging it are long gone. It takes him a long time to make it look like he hasn't done it.

No comments: