Monday, November 15, 2010

The Last Monday

Today is the first day of my last week of regular school life....how do I feel? I don't really know. I just cannot believe that after this morning's English oral, Drew will have no more homework, no more books, no more teacher's dir-ty looks! It just doesn't seem possible that he's grown so much and is going to finish school in four days. I feel sad, I feel glad....it's a bittersweet combination.

I spent the morning at my last tuckshop then met Drew to go shopping for a gift for his two favourite teachers. He chose jewellery, a chunky bracelet for one and a long silver necklace for the other. Then I spent the afternoon sitting on the floor in Meg's office, cutting out more cards for the centrepieces.

It's a busy week. Tomorrow is the finale of the Rocky Road Show, the project where the kids learn the consequences of partying and driving; and when Drew gets "arrested". Tomorrow night sees the Excellence Awards; Wednesday morning is the regular award presentations, farewell to seniors (where Drew is giving a speech on his 13 year journey through the school); Wednesday night is the formal; Thursday is a quieter day with the Glennie formal that night and then Friday is the graduation and mass at the church. I've been told to have the tissues ready - it's a tear jerker of a ceremony. Then Saturday morning the kids head off to Schoolies and I begin my life of "freedom" (except I'll be holding my breath for a week until they all come home safely).

I want to record each day of this last week in photos so we played around outside when we got home. It was fun and funny. The dogs certainly enjoyed themselves too.























No comments: