Monday, November 22, 2010

Feeling a Bit Rudderless

Nowhere to go, nothing to do..........now that's a new feeling! Gibbo and Drew did the final pack and headed off around 7.30am, Drew full of excitement, Gibbo just tired.

Meg and the boys left around 8.30am...and then there was one - ME. Alone and unassisted. I spent the day sorting through photos, reading, going for a walk and sleeping. I kind of marvelled at the deliciousness of having nothing pressing to do. It was good.

I had a daughter away camping at the Roma Races. I had a son partying hard at the Gold Coast. I had a husband on a plane to Sydney. It's amazing how quickly you can go from being in each others' pockets to being spread across the country.

I couldn't go to sleep until I'd heard from Drew that all was ok..........actually it was "insanely awesome".

No comments: