Monday, November 22, 2010

The Last Friday

Friday was a real celebration........I had a rather severe meltdown in the kitchen that morning, sobbing in Drew's embrace but got it all out of my system by the time the ceremony started. I walked him up the aisle.
There were opportunities to reminisce about years gone by.
Then, the final roll call took place.
They received a graduation certificate and a College candle.

Done. And. Dusted. Finished. All Over. The End.







It wasn't as sad a morning as I had expected...maybe the kitchen meltdown helped. It was a really happy occasion, a celebration of all that had gone before. We shared a morning tea; the kids went off to do the traditional (forbidden) driveby. It didn't end so well with a couple of fines handed out. Parents went to lunch at a local club. After the driveby the kids went to L's and swam in their uniforms. Then I caught up with Drew and we finished the Schoolies shopping and checked out (and purchased) formal photos.

When we got home Drew started to pack for Schoolies. I was a bit dazed and just sat on the couch, watching. I couldn't believe the week was over; the past 18 years were over. By 9pm I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and wandered off to bed. The TC boys came to stay but I couldn't even get up to say hello.

I was shattered, physically and emotionally.

No comments: