Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

I had one of those weekends that seem to last forever - rare I know, but appreciated when they happen.

Drew stayed in town Friday night after going to the movies. On Saturday morning Gibbo and I got up early and did the general housework then went, as we always do, out to the chooks. Some friends came mid-morning to choose two hens for their little girl. Then I went to town and did the shopping and picked up Drew. As we were leaving town Megan rang to say she was coming home, so that was exciting. We got home, unpacked, Andrew brought out some more cracked corn and picked up a bale of old hay.

We had arranged to go out for dinner so I decided to ride to town. I left from down the road as I was a bit later than I wanted to be and rode the 16km to town. The boys came in later.

Megan turned up - I hadn't told Gibbo she was coming so he was nicely surprised. We had a great evening with some unexpected guests making the evening really fun. I haven't laughed so much in a long time.

Sunday was a good day. Megan went to town and picked Mum up; then we cooked up spring rolls and pork dumplings for lunch. They were all delicious. I had bought a bamboo steamer and used it for the dumplings. I spent the afternoon gardening then after Megan left, Drew and I went to 5pm Mass to hear a boys choir from out of town sing. It was lovely.

We went to The Coffee Club for cappucino and hot chocolate before heading home.

It was a peaceful, happy weekend that involved family and friends - what more can you ask for really?

No comments: