Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Boys are Home

After having dinner by myself at Maccas, I picked Drew up from the bus at 8.30pm. He had a fantastic time at Dreamworld and talked all the way home about how much fun the day was and relived all the rides they went on. There was no mention of Biology. When I asked him what he learnt that would help him with his studies, he said "Nothing".

Gibbo arrived home from CQ about 10.30pm but I was already in bed, fast asleep. My cold had worn me out.

We had another good weekend. We went to visit the H's in Toowoomba. It's been a while since we've caught up so it was good to see them and spend the night.

Sunday was a quiet day. The boys have emptied the pool, cleaned it and have started to refill it. I hope it goes better this time.

I've finally decided to go to England next August with Gibbo on a trip to the Golden Oldies World Cup. The tour is actually four weeks but we're coming home after two. While the boys play cricket for a week in Harrogate, I'm going to either go to Scotland and ride trains all over the country or go to Belgium or France and do a bike ride. More to come on that one including the guilt and angst I've gone through to finally make the decision to go.

Here's some of my favourite and less favourite places IN my house.

Favourite - the Photo Gallery. My favourite photos of the four of us plus some other special people... and animals.

Favourite - my desk that I never get to sit at for very long. This is where Ilong to sit and create my visual journals. Only snippets of time are snatched here...and the "stuff" piles up in anticipation.

A bit favourite - some of my poultry treasures, collected over the years, mostly gifts from my family, Andrew B and Rachel. Also, my magnificent bust (!), a 40th birthday gift from four very special people (L, K. A and C).

My least favourite task - mopping the kitchen/living area. It takes such little time but seems like such a big chore...and it all looks so nice when it's done!

No comments: