Monday, October 5, 2009

I Need A New Camera..

that's what Andrew thinks. I sent him the same photos that I posted here yesterday and he said it's time I bought a new camera. I tend to agree, only because I really like his Canon 50D and I want one too; and my current one is 4 years old and has taken over 10,000 photos and seems to have a nice black spot on the mirror.

However, I think I'll hang onto it for a while. I just completed a photography course through TAFE and I've got plenty of practising to do. I actually feel like my photography has got worse since I started (and finished) the course because now I'm trying out all the different settings instead of just leaving the dial on 'auto'. P, Av, Tv - they're all new to me and there's plenty of scope to practice and learn. I've been implementing what I learnt but some of the results are crap but I've enjoyed experimenting. When I get a chance I'll post some of the better shots.

School started back; last term of Grade 11. This is the second last time we start Term 4! Gibbo rang from a very chilly Canberra - 10 degrees and he didn't take a jumper. My plan this week is to work the mornings and garden in the afternoons; not sure how that will go as budgets are due on Friday and there's several to do.

We dropped off three silkes to DL on our way to touch footy. He was pleased to get them.

Garden is looking better mainly due to the amount of water I'm pouring on it at present.

No comments: