Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 4 - Blogtoberfest - Sunday Sunshine

I picked Drew up from his party - he hardly had any sleep so after a shower he crawled into my bed and had a 5 hour nap. He would have kept sleeping if I hadn't woken him.

Gibbo picked up the couch from Mum's and finally ground the two stumps in her front garden. We still have two chairs to collect. He pumped up the tyres on my bike but I didn't get out for a ride. There's just not enough hours in my days any more - there was a time when there were too many but that's not the case now!

We lost power around lunchtime and discovered a dropped fuse on the pole outside the grid and a very dead bird on the ground. Obviously a collision of some sort took place with the bird coming off second best. A local electrician came and inspected it; then the power company came later to fix it. I spent the time in the garden, cutting back oleanders from around sprinklers, hammering in fallen sprinkler spikes, pulling weeds and watering (once the power came back on to start the pump). The dogs kept me company.
I also wasted time playing with my new extension tube. The moths were landing momentarily on the thyme bush - they'd stay for a millisecond then flutter off again so it was hard to capture them properly. The leaves are some new shoots on the tomato vines and the chicken is a little silkie, just a few days old. The ants are...well....they're just ants.

The NRL Grand Final was on this afternoon. Football excites me as much as cricket does. I watched the teams run on then went back to the garden.
Drewy and I had chicken penne for tea............and that's how I spent my Sunday.

No comments: