Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Pleasant Saturday at Home

I got up early and did three loads of washing, moved sprinklers, sprayed for insects and vacuumed and mopped the floor, all by 9 o'clock. Then I cleaned the pantry out, a job I'd been meaning to get to forever. Gibbo left at 7am to go to Meandarra to play cricket.

Drew and I went to town and picked Mum up; they went to the shopping centre while I did the grocery shopping. We had lunch there then went to the pet shop where I bought Coco a new squeaky toy.

We came home and unpacked; then I went for a ride about 5pm, only about 15km as I'm still getting back into it.

Our friends, S&P, arrived about 7-30pm; they beat Gibbo home by about two minutes. They're leaving their current employment and moving south to NSW and they went down to have a look at the house and surrounds. We had a really nice night, catching up; mb score 5 wagyu, potato bake and salad followed by chocolate self-saucing pudding, ice-cream and cream. Oh, and a few red label Bundy rums rounded out the night.

This might sound like an incredibly boring day to somebody out there - but I enjoyed it because there was no rushing, no time limits and I ended the day with a clean floor and good company. I'm easily satisfied!!

No comments: