Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's Raining!

After a "Curlys' Breakfast", S&P left about 9-30. It was a great visit and we enjoyed seeing them.

A small shower of rain fell at 5.30am and it's just rained again now - 10am. The sky is dark grey and it's thundering too. It's definitely the kind of day for a book, a cup of tea and the couch.

However..........

Just after I wrote the above, G called me outside and we spent the next three hours sorting and moving silkie chickens into rooster/hen groups in new pens. Andrew helped me finish off the last lot while G took the culls to the rooster man. It's good to have my chooks sorted; I can watch them closely now and decide which ones I want to develop into breeders. We have a couple of people wanting some pet quality hens and I'll be able to fill their orders.

G is picking up some more chickens on his run so I'm looking forward to see what silkies come home.

No comments: