Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm Loving It

The Blogtoberfest Challenge has opened up some new doors for me. I clicked on a few random bloggers who have also signed up and have now spent hours trailing through their sites. Some of them touch a cord, others don't.

One of them (superherodesigns) mentioned SARK - and that reminded me of how much I loved her quirky books. It also reminded me of how much SARK helped me through the dark days of September 2000 when my world went haywire and started to crumble. It didn't crash down completely; just a few bricks fell from the wall.

On the same site I found these words: "Different thoughts create grooves in our mind. The more we think those same thoughts, the deeper the grooves become. Certain thoughts and ways of being are habit and we can choose to reinforce them or not". I've been thinking along those lines a lot lately. I've become used to feeling a certain way about some things - and then, after a while, that's just how it seems it's always been; but I also realise it doesn't have to be that way at all. I can choose to feel differently.

I've found ten new sites that I'll whittle down to two or three. I still have my other two favourites, claire in chicago and soulemama. What I'm really looking for are some Australian sites that suit my age and outlook. I've picked up a couple in the ten; will see whether they're still with me in a month.

No comments: