Sunday, November 23, 2014

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself...

It's Sunday. I'm sitting in the back room of the little cafe in our nearby small town (pop 400). This weekend is the first time in over 3 months that I haven't gone into the office to work. I've worked at least one, often both, weekend days (even after the surgery) for so long now that I can't even remember the last time I didn't. I keep feeling like I should be there. I feel a bit lost.

This morning before I left home I made some mini-quiches and cinnamon cupcakes and polished the wooden furniture with o-cedar and set the sprinkler going. When I go home I'm going to make lemon butter and mop the floor and clean the bathroom. Maybe.

We went to Bris earlier in the week and handed over another slice of my job; now I'm back to having a normal full-time job instead of a job and a half. It will take another week or two to catch up on the things that have fallen to the wayside lately. I don't really know what's normal anymore.

This is where I'm sitting. In the air-con!






I'll have to leave here soon; there's a lunch-time function in the room; I can relocate to the lounge in the front room if I want to.


I ran into Peter, my older brother, when I did the grocery shop yesterday; we were discussing Meg's penchant for expensive handbags; we sent her this photo. At the checkout I ran into my little brother.  How wonderful to be able to just run into your siblings and kiss and hug them.


The makings of the new fenceline up at the tanks; I had to help G lift the post on the right into the trailer then off the trailer and into the post hole. Heaviest one yet! This pic was taken on dusk.


Starting the pump in the dark.


The first of the Grosse Lisse tomatoes are nearly ready; this is the plant I bought when we went to visit Meg during September.


The Roma toms are coming along; these are my favourite.


I plant lettuce around the toms and pick a few leaves when needed.

No comments: