Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Surprise - or Not

In mid-September I went to hospital for a couple of days to have my insides rearranged a little.


I only expected to be in hospital overnight but ended up staying for two. Daytime/night-time tv is dreadful.


The food was good.




These leg things were weird; they have a pulse running through them that helps to prevent blood clots. After 24 hours I couldn't wait to take them off. The current methodically and regularly runs up and down the leg. Kind of annoying after a little while.


Gibbo bought me two of these; my favourite chocolate bar.


The kids sent these to their Momma.


I came home and had a few days rest in bed, felt ok, then decided that was enough and went back to work. In hindsight it was perhaps not the smartest thing to do. The doctor said to take two weeks off to recover; after 4 days of lolling about in bed I felt guilty/lazy and got up and got moving. I've been back for my 6 week post op checkup and all is good; test results all clear which is great news.

On that first weekend post op we decided to go to Roma to visit Meg. We didn't tell her we were on our way; we pulled up outside town and took a photo under the Welcome sign then sent it to her on Facebook with the caption "put the kettle on Meg, we're outside your house". It didn't quite work out as we'd planned - I posted the photo; we drove 3 minutes to her house where we expected to see her out on her verandah, waiting, smiling and waving. We arrived; no Meg out the front; we walked up the stairs; no Meg; we opened the front door and walked through the house; no Meg; we went to the kitchen window to look out over the back yard - and there was Meg, sitting on the steps, looking up at the window, just a little scared, wondering who had broken into her house and was now walking through it!

We spent the day having a look around town, eating cupcakes, drinking coffee and putting up planters on the outside wall. We visited a new nursery about 10 minutes out of town - it poured rain. We finally left late afternoon and drove into the stormy night; I watched episodes of River Cottage Australia all the way home, arriving later than we had expected. By this time I was exhausted and fell into bed - but I had a great day.











No comments: