Monday, November 3, 2014

I'm 52!!

On September 11 I turned 52! Here's my present....Jazz is a 10 month old Maltese who, I suspect, has led a very pampered life up to this point! A farm dog she isn't; however, in saying that, she does like to come to the shed and chooks and pigs and goats - but then usually wilts in the sunshine and has to be carried home. She's not particularly well house trained (actually, not at all - but we're working on that; no green carpet for her). She and Coco don't like each other all that much - and Chloe the cat just looks at her in disbelief then gives her a (gentle so far) swipe. The way Jazz jumps on Chloe indicates she lived with cats before she came to us. In her previous life she ate chicken, corn, carrot, cucumber and cheese. The change of diet to mainly meat hasn't always agreed with her. A feed of wagyu sausage and steak leftovers from the bbq saw her feeling very forlorn at the local vet with an upset tummy, an antibiotic and an antihistamine syrup; she is not of the strongest constitution. A vet friend from the city told us that Maltese are the most dumped dog in the country and also the dumbest; I'm not sure if he was joking or not. Anyway, she's very beautiful and quite funny and we love her.














1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Happy birthday and congratulations on Jazz.......last night we celebrated my sister's 50...I have 4 more years before I hit that...