Monday, November 10, 2014

Caught Up

Finally, I've caught up. No doubt there's little things I've missed that I would normally have blogged about but I've captured all the best bits (thanks to a list I keep. If not for the list I'd not remember anything).

It's funny how I think I lead a boring existence but when you record 2 months of your life into a condensed version of the real thing then sit back and read over what you've written it's quite surprising how much we pack into our lives; it also explains why the house looks like it does. I've been away a lot/out of action over the last two months and when I'm here I'm either at the office or in the garden. Housework comes a distant last I'm afraid.

Meg was home on the weekend. We sat and worked out the Christmas menu (sounds fantastic) and also the hamper list - people and ingredients. They're going to be fabulous again this year.

Drew won't be with us; he flies out to The Philippines on Christmas Eve; gone for a month of sailing and diving. Right now he has two more essays to submit and he'll be finished Uni for the year (or forever depending on results). Doing 5 subjects and working at the restaurant has been a real challenge.

Meg has booked a 3 week trip to India next March about the same time that Gibbo and I go to South Africa.

I am happy to have caught up on recording the things we do; even if they're of no interest to anyone else I like that there's a record of where we've been. It feels good. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Oh I live vicarariously through you and your kids...so yes I am interested and glad you are back...