Thursday, November 22, 2012

Word from India

Today was a free day for volunteers; somehow, somewhere the boys found an internet cafe/connection. These two messages appeared on fb (it's useful for something at least).

MUM!
Nothing could have ever prepared me for India! It is absolute chaos over here and I bloody love it! Kolkata is crazy but I'm enjoying all the traffic and people. I've taken lots of photos! Each day we pass through one train station that moves the population of Australia on trains in one day!

I'm working in a place called Prem Dahm. It takes me about an hour with Casey and Ben to get there. Its a bit confronting but its really rewarding work. I love it so much.

We are keeping safe sort of haha and I haven't got sick yet which is good. I've tried some pretty interesting food and drank some pretty good stuff ;)

Love you loads. Will talk soon when I get more time for internet.


And this one was for Meg.


Meg! In Kolkata. You won't believe it! I can buy two meals of Delhi style butter chicken with rice and garlic nan bread and drinks for abut $2.00 AUD. SO TASTY! Haha Miss you like crazy


I'm not sure what the "we are keeping safe sort of haha" bit means but I hope it's a positive.

The boys were able to choose one of five places to work. Drew chose Prem Dham. Check it out.

1 comment:

Ainsley said...

All I can say is Wow! You must be so proud of him.