Thursday, November 15, 2012

Saturday 10th

On Saturday the boys stole a bar fridge. Well, not really - but it looks like it hey? We called at college and woke Drewy up (it was 7am after all) and packed half his room into the car. We'll get the other half on Sunday. Gibbo forgot to pack shoes that he could wear with shorts. Drew and I were suitably embarrassed.


Here they are discussing the fact that it's 7am at a university all male residential college; Drew asked Gibbo to keep his voice down. Gibbo suggested everyone should be up and about. He doesn't really understand a lot about university all male residential colleges. Actually, when he was 19 he was probably just getting home at 7am.




Oh look, there is someone else up at 7am. He's probably just getting home himself.


Part of the grounds.




Here they are, discussing again. This time Gibbo is giving Drew a list of movies/tv shows he wants downloaded. I insisted one night last week that we have a violent/killing/zombie/flesh eating/shooting/ stabbing/cruel/sadistic/ mean/nasty - free evening of television viewing. I can't believe the crap that Gibbo watches. One morning I'll wake up with a machete in my forehead because he will finally have succumbed to all the dreadful shows he's watched and had some kind of turn during the night, thinking that I'm a character from The Walking Dead or some such program. Ghastly.




Hooray Sadly, local cricket was cancelled so our intended short stay with Meg on the way home turned into several hours of joy. We inspected the new car and went for a drive to........you guessed it.......the Tender Centre....where Gibbo proceeded to complete a full sheet of bids. I bid on two silky oak kitchen chairs and a worm farm. Meg thought most of the stuff was other people's trash. Ahem.




While Gibbo watched some of his shows, Meg and I spent an hour practising taking photos in different light on different camera settings. Two weeks ago a friend asked me to take some photos of her son, dressed in his suit for his Grade 12 formal. Despite my continued protestations, she insisted that all I had to do was "point and shoot" and it would all be fine. When I'm taking my own photos, yes that's true - but when someone else wants you to do it, it puts a little pressure on. So Meg and I practised a bit.




We arrived home late afternoon where we were gladly greeted by the four leggers.

No comments: