Sunday, November 25, 2012

10 Years!

You will realise my indifference to housework when I tell you that I found a calendar from 2003 still hanging on the back of the pantry door when I was having a bit of a walk around clean out yesterday in preliminary preparation for our move! In my defence, it was hidden behind a hanging plaque that Gibbo's mother gave me a long time ago (10 years maybe)!

We moved to this house in March 2003 after DHC sold the feedlot to The Company (in late 2002). Meg was 14 and in Grade 10 and Drew was 9 and in Grade 5. I had turned 40 and Gibbo was 35. At that stage I was working 3 days a week in town and was still executive officer/secretary of the local cotton growers association. Not long after moving, I started working back at the feedlot after having a two year break (down); for a while there I had 3 jobs until I was able to give the town job and cotton away.

Reading over the calendar pages took me back  and reminded of how busy those days were and why I felt like I was always in the car - it's because I actually was!! Netball, dance 3 times a week, musical (Fame), debating, swim club, eisteddfod, kinesiology and literacy care weekly, communion, baptism (Drew, in the classroom, the priests phone rang right in the middle of proceedings), tuckshop, deb ball (Drew was a pageboy), athletics for Meg including state titles, cotton meetings and dinners, working bees, junior rugby every Saturday....no wonder I was tired.

Can I just point out that the only events that are written on the calendar in Gibbo's handwriting are for football, cricket and fishing! Therein lies the story of my life.











No comments: