Thursday, November 15, 2012

Back to the Doctor

My friend Kat took me back to the doctor on Tuesday. She had to take her kids to Tba - one to school and one to catch a bus to Bris. She offered to drive me so that we could have a good catch up before she heads to New York on Saturday with her daughter for Schoolies Week (thereby bypassing the Gold Coast - a brilliant idea) - they've been saving up for it since last year.

Between dropping J at the bus and my appointment we went for coffee then curtain looking/shopping then headed to the clinic.

My ear had started leaking on Friday night and I rang the doctor to see what he thought. Short story: he suggested I go back. It was good that I did because it seems I had an allergic reaction to the antiseptic/antibiotic that he put in my ear post operation. He sucked the infection out and replugged it again with liquid soaked gauze. After two days (today) I had to remove the gauze and start putting 3 drops of antibiotic in three times a day. My next appointment (hearing test) is due next Thursday.

On our way home we went to the TC to pick up the items that we'd "won". I got my two silky oak chairs but not the worm farm. We also got a backpack sprayer and, wait for it......a punching bag....that is sure to see very little use. However, the kids were happy to hear we now own one. Our friend Jamie, who is also a TC nut, bids on chairs for me too and he got one. So now I have Chair 2, Chair 3 and Chair 4 in the Kitchen Chair Project. Pics to come.

No comments: