Saturday, March 31, 2012

Outside

Autumn is so beautiful. I may have already said, once or twice, that it's my favourite time of year.

The Plymouth Rocks are growing; I have three different age groups now.





The next batch of silkie teenagers are mostly roosters; a disappointing ratio between cockerels and pullets has resulted in only 5 females from 15 hatchings.


This is the permaculture family; the girls came from Mr P who lives down the road from us. They are slowly becoming quieter and look forward to their spinach leaf each morning.



Permaculture garden action has been quiet; I've just been planting lettuce and spinach for both human and poultry consumption. The worms are still there!




Self seeded flowers continuing to bloom.






I have a problem, same as last year - grubs eating holes in just about everything.


The latest crop of tomatoes have been unsuccessful. Before they get any size or any hint of colour they are stung/bitten/infected and don't develop.


I think this must be the culprit; they're all over the fruit.


Grubs don't like capsicum; they continue to do well.

No comments: