Saturday, March 17, 2012

Home Again

Before leaving Brisbane we caught up with Drew and had lunch with him at the fish and chip place at The Ville. They have excellent soft drinks there that they import from New Orleans; the food's pretty good too. I think this is a very unflattering photo of me but it shows us together so I'll post it! Think I need a haircut and a makeover!


It was fun to catch up and the boys laughed a lot between themselves; just boy stuff that a female probably doesn't really "get" but a wife and mother and daughter (Meg) understands anyway! I can't really explain it any better than that but it was good to see how much they enjoyed seeing each other!

We were nearly in Twba when we found out that the farm sale had settled. I checked the bank account. Nice numbers. Pity it won't look like that for long; it will be the other way, by considerably more!! Well, you can't take it with you! We picked up the tv with it's 16 now working capacitors, dropped in at Mandy's to deliver Meg's camera cord and hightailed it back to D in time to pick up the purchase contract, take it to the agent AND SIGN IT! He was taking it out to the vendor last night so by now, hopefully, it's all signed. Now it's 28 days to finance it and then a further 40 days to settle. Late May/early June and it's ours. 

I'm sitting here in front of the 3 big windows at my desk; it's raining; it's beautiful. I'll miss this scene when we move but I'll make it an even better one at the new house (although that does mean I'll probably have to set myself up in the small dining area as the designated "office" is right in the middle of the house with no view to outside). 

So. We woke up this morning and wondered what we'd do! Gibbo couldn't go to the farm because we don't own one, so we went to town instead and bought chook food (the base I use to mix the rest of the grains with) and G priced portable fence panels. We're selling most of ours and the race because we don't need them at the new place. G is already calling it 'Sliprail'! He told his boss and his other manager mates about it when he saw them in Bris; they all thought it was cheap! Cheap!! "Haha, she cried! Cheap?"! His boss suggested belted galloways in the front paddock. 

Meg is in Twba getting ready for Georgie's 5th birthday party - a fairy party - right up Meg's alley. 



Chris picked Drew up and they made their way up the Range to go to Lachie's 4th birthday party; a pirate go-kart party! What a combination. 


It's all happening in E Street, Twba today (in the rain). Meg made her specialty; it deserves a separate post. 

Gibbo has gone to town to have a nets session with the Q boys before the big semi-final game tomorrow. Bit late now to start practising fellas!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Mare congratulations on the farm purchase. I love that you're calling it Sliprail. Although I didn't have anything to do with that, I'm going to pretend I did, because I do like the name. I'm mightily envious of Meg's macaron-making ability, and must have another try at them. My once-only attempt was far from pretty. It's raining beautifully here at the moment, making it difficult to get jobs done that were on the agenda for the day, but much-needed. We've had no wet season to speak of, in fact no run-off at all, not so much a worry here, but all above-ground water at Bottle Tree. Hopefully this is our turn. Jess cooked a beautiful upside-down peach cake today (supposedly weightloss friendly to boot), that we've just enjoyed for afternoon smoko (out of the current Better Homes & Gardens magazine). Enjoy your rainy afternoon, as I will mine, though I'm thinking of going out and clocking some K's up on the dreadmill.
That or another piece of cake!!!