Saturday, March 17, 2012

Deja Vu

And so it came to pass that one day I opened an envelope and read, for the second time in my life:



One day in early 2004 I checked my emails and found the exact same correspondence, except it read: "Dear Megan, Your application has been successful" etc etc. I went up to her bedroom and asked had she applied for the YE; yes in fact, she had....but had forgotten/neglected/didn't bother/ to tell us! So off she went in August of that year, down to Sydney with Gibbo on the plane. He delivered her to the ship and then flew home the same day. She sailed up the east coast to Brisbane where we met her 12 days later. It was just incredible watching them sail in, all standing on the rigging, right up to the top of the mast. They were singing as they came. We could hear them before we could see them and then we could just see the top of the mast as the ship came around a bend in the river; when they came into full view - it was one of the most magnificent things I'd ever seen! We got to walk all over the ship and check out where she'd been living for the previous nearly two weeks. Drew was so inspired by what she had done! I remember him saying, "I'm gonna do this one day".....and now he is! Dreams do come true!


No comments: