Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Idea is Growing on Me

It's been a couple of days since our offer on the new farm was accepted; my initial reticence is slowly abating and I'm coming around to the idea. It was never the idea that I didn't like; it's more the location and "feel" of the place. We went together to town on Friday (a rare thing) and signed some final documents for the old farm sale and dropped in at the bank to give them a balance sheet and have a quick talk about the new farm purchase. Indications were favourable but...fat lady, singing etc. We have a two month contract so it won't be until the end of May that settlement occurs. Then we'll need to go and have a look at the house in it's empty state to see what changes, if any, we want to make. I guess we'll check out the old dairy to see what needs to happen there to accommodate the small army of roosters, hens, cockerels, pullets and chickens we've got....not forgetting the pigeons and ducks. The house is half the size of the one we live in now so I'm going to be occupied selling/giving away "stuff" so that we'll fit in the new one. I'll also start to plan where the permaculture garden will go and how I'll set it up. I'll be able to plant out my little lemon tree and plant other fruit trees too. At least whatever we do there it will be for ourselves, not somebody else (or some Company else). Maybe Meg was right; maybe this is the project I've been looking for.

No comments: