Sunday, March 4, 2012

On Farms

The finance was approved yesterday for the purchaser of our farm so now the contract is unconditional. It's going to settle on March 16.

Lat Thursday we went and had a look at another little block not far from here; I was a bit excited to go and have a look - I so wanted to fall in love with it - but I knew at the end of the inspection that it wouldn't be the one.

On Friday we put an offer in on the first farm we looked at. I didn't really want to but what do you do? One of you desperately wants to go ahead with it and the other, while not being vehemently against it, is ambivalent. I don't mind if we don't get it; Gibbo says he doesn't mind either but I think he does. It ticks all his boxes; it only ticks some of mine.

Last night at dinner, as we were getting out of the car he scrabbled around for a pen and piece of paper. I asked him what he was doing; I want to draw you something he said. So he proceeded to map out for me how he sees the chook pen set up at the old barn/dairy on the place and where the vegetable garden should go. He asked me what he thinks we should call it. Nothing with bell, bunya or view in it I said.  What sort of a fence do you want he asked. In his mind it's ours already - and we haven't even heard back from the vendor because they were too busy on Friday and over the weekend with their local show to consider the offer. The show that we took the chooks to for display. The show that, next year, might be our local show.

This week could be very interesting. He's planning on being here because he thinks it could be a BIG WEEK.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Perhaps you could call it "Sliprail".