Friday, January 28, 2011

Then We...

Booked in at our usual city resting place, The Cosmo on Park Road. It's really close to this place...


Chris met us and we went to Sizzler for our last dinner together for a while. Gibbo imparted words of wisdom. Drew presented Gibbo with his iPad (on loan for a year), much to Gibbo's delight. Now he won't feel quite so left out.

The wallpaper on Drew's mac. I wonder how long that will stay there!
We laid everything out for our early start. I was surprisingly calm...there was no other way to be really. 4am would arrive soon enough and there wasn't a thing on the planet that I could do about it.
Drew later posted on his facebook wall:
So...I've had an amazing last day in Australia
thanks to my amazing family :) I
can't wait to leave tomorrow though:)
It really was a great last day. It seemed to last forever and it was filled with laughter and joking and fun and our own little peculiar Gibbons family language and sayings. We were aware of Drew's impending departure but there wasn't too much sadness.

No comments: