Friday, January 21, 2011

At Last, It's Here

The single piece of paper that I've been sweating on for weeks finally arrived today. It's the approval letter for Drew's study permit. It means he can now enter Canada with all the correct paperwork. The application was held up for a week by the terrible flooding in Toowoomba and surrounds; the Consulate received it last Friday, processed it quickly then posted it back to us on Wednesday. I really sweated on it arriving.........I tracked its' progress a thousand times.........I thought it had "left the network" at one stage.........but there it was this morning, waiting at our local post office for the mail contractor to collect. I got my hands on it at around 11 this morning.....very relieved.

Drew went to town to do some last minute jobs. He picked up two flag packs from our local MP - one for his Canadian school and one for his new family. He stocked up on toiletries and bought a gift for Phillip, the German exchange student who is with the Canadians at the moment. The certified copy of his birth certificate arrived yesterday and I've topped up the credit on his WEP phone card.

Tomorrow we're having coffee in town and will go through the folder of papers together so he's really clear on everything. Then we just have to pack...........and sit and wait for Thursday to come :)

No comments: