Sunday, January 2, 2011

365

Drew and I started our 365 journals yesterday. We bought one each at kikki-k just before Christmas when Meg was at her epic hair appointment. What a shop kikki-k is; I spent a very long time in there admiring (and fondling) and smelling the stationery. It's right up there with a bookshop.

The idea is to use the journal to record a year in your life - the birth of a baby, a new job, a holiday. I am going to chronicle the year of Drew's absence - but it won't be all sadness and tears. Each day will reflect how I'm feeling on that day and some pages will have nothing to do with him being away and some days I may miss altogether. It will be whatever my mood delivers me on that day (ha, that should be interesting!). Drew's book will chronicle all his new experiences - and we will swap books upon his return.


1 comment:

Fiona said...

What a terrific idea, to swap books at the end of the year. I remember you saying that Drew only learnt of your blog fairly recently. Will you give him its address?
Fiona.