Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hanging Out at the Chooks

With Meg held up on the highway somewhere and Gibbo playing cricket we had to feed the goats and pig. These butterflies were resting on the oleanders on the pathway; Drew snapped them.
The bad weather at Christmas time found me housing a group of adolescent silkies, wyandottes and barnevelders from Gibbo's side (the dark side); they're still here. They've moved in with the goats who don't seem to mind and they squeeze in and out through the mesh to scratch and peck all day. It feels very "barnyard" to watch them all in together.
I check the only eggplant every day, watching its' progress.
One tiny strawberry and a pretty pink flower.
Woofman was entertaining as always. Ooh, I got an itch..........
Ooh, I gotta scratch...........
Oooh I gotta go, see ya..............
Oh, ok a photo but make it quick..............
I think I hear something...............it's Dad, he's home, let me go..............
Hi Dad, howdyougo..............
Haha, Dad's always good for a scratch.............
And Millie isn't forgotten.......we bought her a soccer ball yesterday in an attempt to stop her eating every feed dish we give her. She rolls it around and tries to lie down on it. Megan gave her some basil yesterday but she didn't eat it - she rolled in it. Megan said she was working on her recipe for "basil infused pork".

No comments: