Saturday, January 22, 2011

Last Minute Jobs

A last minute decision saw us head to Toowoomba to pick up a Wallabies jersey. I had it put away yesterday afternoon for Gibbo to collect on his way home from the airport but it took him so long to get through some of the still damaged roads and up the range (one lane only) that he didn't make it in time. We bought another pair of jeans, two more wristbands and I bought a tree necklace (which Meg is eyeing off). Drew and I also chose a special scarf. I'm not much into fashion or girly things but I do like a pretty scarf. Isn't that a funny word. Scarf. Anyway, we chose this pink and grey one. I will call it my "Drew Scarf" and will wear it often in the year of his absence to remind me of his love.Once back home we went to the Coffee Club. I wanted to go through Drew's papers with him in a quiet environment where we could just sit and be together without any distractions. Apart from the flies, it worked. We went through all the official documents that he needs to enter Canada, the not so official ones that he might need, how to use the phone card and the High School in Canada Student Handbook. I think we covered everything. He was bored by the end of it. I can be a little intense sometimes.
Once home, I downloaded Skype onto the pc and ipad. Very easy. We weren't home for long before we turned around and went back to town for a farewell party at Danni and Mick's. We had chicken kebabs, steak, potato bake and a delicious egg salad. Gibbo spilled his ALL OVER THE FLOOR so had to get a second plate. Molly, the blue staffy, was quite pleased at G's misfortune. Kate did some fire twirling; Drew, Adam and Barb all had a go.

This little thing tried to help me blog tonight. She moved her head at the last second and got blurred....and wasn't really much help. After putting her off the desk for the fifth time she wandered off, happy in her own little world, amusing herself as she went.
Tomorrow - we pack!!

No comments: