Monday, May 20, 2013

We're At It Again

Show season is once again upon us; we did plenty of this last week.




Did you know it takes at least twenty long (and sometimes boring) minutes to properly dry a chook (and then I got chipped for not quite finishing the job off properly); there were cockerels, pullets and hens, both large and bantam wyandottes - but silkies really take the cake. It took forever to dry my white silkie hen (but I didn't get any photos of her). A wet silkie is a very wet thing indeed.




Underarms wings.


Almost there - but not quite.


 In the salon - three girls at varying stages of treatment - one dry, one half dry and one just out of the water.


Finished!!!!






So we set off nice and early to the Kingaroy club show with chooks in boxes and tools of the trade ready (and a scarf, beanie and coat for me. It was a tad chilly). It was a wyandotte feature show so there was lots of competition.








In the end, ribbons were hard to come by but it was a good day out.

I finally tracked down some rosemary and planted it out, along with some italian parsley. My herb garden is slowly growing and they all seem to like their spot on the tankstand.


And I have more colour!


1 comment:

Meg said...

Is that my pawpaw ointment? As in the tube I can't find?