Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Day at Home

Gibbo in CQ = a day off for me. I took him to town yesterday morning and the Company plane swung by and picked him up. It took 25 minutes to fly from Bris to D - less time than it took us to drive from home to town! He'll be home on Friday.

I went to the top of the farm to check the water level in the tank; Poofy followed me all the way up and stood grinning at me as I climbed up the rocks to look over into the tank.



It was a beautiful morning.


I gave him a lift home.....




where we picked up Madam.


The girls are getting their feathers back after moulting; I wish they'd get their egg laying sorted. We've got over 200 chooks and I don't have enough eggs to bake a cake!


The OEG chicks are growing; 2 roosters and two hens.


I still haven't found a new hen for the mandarin drake, not that I've looked very hard. He's in beautiful feather.


The garlic that I dug up and replanted when spreading the manure has shot but something has been nipping the tops off each plant at night.




I re-arranged the pot plants.


This is the mowed track up to The Compound.


Mid-morning coffee...


when I contemplated whether to do the CQ ride again this year. It's in the north which makes the logistics of getting there a little bit harder. Should I do this or should I save that money for my NZ trip that I postponed from 2011?


I spent the day hanging out with my friends.






And talking to Drew about his essay due at 8pm (on non-violent protests).


One of the plates from my favourite set of 4. I had them packed away for years, waiting until we had a place of our own before I used them.


I planted thyme and more parsley.






I started raking up and clearing the area between the house tank and the clothesline. We plan on putting another tank in here eventually but it needs a good cleanup. This is where we took the 3 palm trees out just after we bought the place.




I had help.






There was wrestling and frivolity on the lawn.




Chloe is watching from the back porch, keeping well away. The last time she played rough with Poofy she ended up at the vet.




There's plenty more raking to do yet but I made some progress.


No comments: