Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cooking

Gibbo brought seafood home with him from his quick trip down south to deliver a bull and pick up some very expensive chooks. We had prawns, garlic squid and whiting for dinner.

For lunch today we had Marie's pumpkin soup, cooked last night and always better the next day. It was the best one yet.


Actually, it was so good that I made another batch today to take to work tomorrow for lunch. Not being able to duck home at lunchtime (as we've done for the last 26 years) means there needs to be a little planning and organisation put into lunch ideas. Gibbo's plan is to have cheerios every day; I soon tire of his plan.

Last weekend I wrote a menu and shopping list and duly bought the ingredients yesterday. However, I've lost the recipes I chose! I must have closed their web page without saving. I know tonight's meal is supposed to be Lemongrass Beef Stir Fry - so I've just googled that and found one and adapted it a bit


....but I now have 2 limes, a carton of pure cream, 70g feta cheese and a packet of finely grated parmesan cheese (that was supposed to be pecorini but the shop didn't have any) - and I have no idea what I was going to make! Any ideas anyone?

We ended up with a bit too much diced beef so I made a very quick coconut curry to freeze for my dinner one night when Gibbo is away.



I had a little treat of my favourite jarlsberg cheese and the semi-dried tomatoes (that I made two weeks ago) as I cooked all of the above.

No comments: