Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday News

Gibbo mowed for 3 hours this morning; the place looks a picture (but could do with a shower of rain). Autumn days are the best.

As local co-ordinator, I phone interviewed my Italian exchange student and his host Mum then went to town to pick up some water pipe fittings and some fruit and veg; I took the opportunity to get my Mum to put through a load of washing for me (still no bore water at the house, only tank; the dam water in the tank is the colour of mud).

Some silkie enthusiasts came and bought a trio of my black and whites. I moved all the pot plants from the garden to the area at the tank. It all looks much neater.

Now that I'm back from holidays and settled I feel like trying some new recipes. I made a mushroom quiche for tea and added some caramelised onions that weren't in the original recipe. Gibbo liked it but, not surprisingly, thought it could have been improved with the addition of some meat (bacon or chicken).

I wanted to make a butter cake - but didn't have any eggs left after the quiche. Over 200 chooks and not enough eggs for a cake??? Bizarre.


















I thought it was delicious and will be even better tomorrow. I bought some strawberries this morning so will make some jam tomorrow.

My little brother, Andrew, rang from Broome at 12.30 this morning. He was in a nightclub and just wanted to let me know that the band was really good!  He had spent the afternoon on Cable Beach, having a few beers and watching the sunset as the camel trains took tourists up and down the beach. After a couple of days he and Matt will head to Meekatharra then off into the desert to go gold prospecting for 6-8 weeks. They camped at Halls Creek and Fitzroy Crossing on their way over. Take Care Little Bro.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

How I love mushrooms!
But being only one of two in the house who do, of course we rarely eat them, and only then, cooked in butter and eaten on toast.