Friday, September 9, 2011

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

Finally, I'm packed and ready to go....on my 600km bike ride. We head to Gundi in the morning, nice and early, to register, check in our bags and collect our official bits. We roll at 12 noon. CQ 2011, here we come.

It's been a crazy week, trying to get everything done at work and home and packing in amongst jobs in town, a final ride and helping Drew with his SOI sponsorship letters....and then this morning waking up to grey and overcast skies....and a bit later, pouring rain. Oh dear, I thought, Oh no. Katrina sent me a text - OMG is all it said! However, a clearing shower late in the afternoon did bring blue skies but the bureau is predicting frosts. It will be what it will be and we will just have to go with whatever comes (not something I'm generally very good at - I like to be a little more in control than that but I decided a week ago to just let go and roll with it. there are some things I just can't control like the headwinds and the hills - all I can control is how I ride so I'm going with that! That theory might go out the window if I find myself sitting in a soaking windblown tent at some stage!).

So I'm going to post a little note each day just to record my progress and will add photos when I return....looking for my next challenge.

2 comments:

Ali said...

600km hey... what a fabulous time you are going to have! I hope you remember to wear comfy undies :D

May the wind be at your back.

Good Luck!

Fiona said...

Way to go Mare!
All the best. You should be very proud of yourself.