Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dear Meg and Drew

The weekend has been REALLY busy. I was still at work on Friday night when Gibbo rang and suggested we ditch the lamb casserole I had planned - so we went to town and got large spring rolls from JC instead. A nice way to finish off the week but not so good for his diabetes.

I went to town on Saturday morning and met Jen at Mum's; I'm borrowing her tent for my bike ride. We put it up in Grandma's back yard. It should be perfect (as long as I get the right bits in the right places!). I'm going to have another practice run at home here this week so I'll send you a photo of it (maybe).

Then I came home, quickly got changed into my riding gear and met K at Macalister for our epic ride to Bell. Seventeen kilometres of straight road, treeless, into a headwind. Another 26km of hills although the wind wasn't quite so bad as there were plenty of trees along the roadside. The hardest part of all - the last 2km into Bell; very tough going. We ordered toasted sandwiches and bought red powerade then collapsed on the benches out the front of the shop......and stayed there for about forty minutes. We had our Cadel Evan's Energy Bars and our Endura gloop to give us energy on the way home. Against her better judgement, Kat had a Rocky Road Magnum, a decision she was to regret about 35km into the return journey! We had a tailwind most of the way home but it still didn't push us up the hills! We did 86km all up, our longest training ride; we'll just do a couple of 20 or 30km rides this week and be rested up for Saturday.

We had the lamb casserole that night. I gave Gibbo the Fathers Day presents I'd bought him - a new beaut little red torch for egg candling and a shoot-em-up dvd I saw at the Coles checkout. I had picked a different movie out but this one said "the best straight up action film of the year" so I chose it. He watched it last night!
I was in bed by 7.30, worn out.
Gibbo left here at 4.30 this morning to drive to Lismore with Mr. P. to a poultry auction - where he bought me some chooks for my birthday. More on them later.

No comments: