Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 5 - Stanthorpe to Killarney

86km to Killarney. Savoury scrambled eggs for brekky. Got going at 7.45am - it was very easy just walking away from the Easy Campese tent without having to pack it up!

It was a beautiful ride to Dalveen where some local schoolkids walked down to meet us - all with honking bike horns. Lunch was at Morgan Park Recreational Reserve at Warwick. Afternoon tea was at Murray's Bridge but I only stopped for water.

At 29km there was a section of unsealed road for 8km ie GRAVEL! It was fine, as long as you took your time and picked your line.
The ride down into Killarney was incredibly exhilarating! From way up high the road curved gently but steeply and  I flew into town. Then I put up the Hintz Hilton for the first time on my own! It went quite well; I thought and it was pretty cosy.

Chicken penne and sticky date pudding with custard for dinner.

No comments: