Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 4 - Rest Day

Rest day today luckily-not sure how my legs and butt would have survived a day in the saddle. I had a huge breakfast by my standards - an enormously thick piece of French toast smothered in maple syrup and a bowl of muesli with a million ingredients washed down with a steaming cup of tea.

Nev came to pick Kat up and they dropped me downtown. She left today to go back home to work the rest of the week. I had a ham and mushroom crepe with salad for lunch. It was very delicious. I caught the shuttle bus back to camp and chatted to Gibbo for a while. I feel a bit lonely now. When I find myself on my own I'm usually at home and there's plenty to do. I'll be ok once we start moving again and I get into the swing of putting up and pulling down my own tent.

Tomorrow's ride doesn't look too bad. It's 88km with the hardest stretch in the morning session. After yesterday I think I can nearly do anything!

Meg is heading to Munich for Oktoberfest; Drew had a very positive response from a Dalby business about sponsorship for Antarctica.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Good on you Mare.
I just found the website, probably cold where you are I suspect.
Can't wait to see photos.
Hope everything goes well for Drew.