Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 8 - Boonah to Rosewood

68km to Rosewood. Went over the Mother of all hills at Cunninghams Lookout. Jump up 14%. Really tough; had my ugly face on as I ground out my way up and over.

Saw a black snake when I was riding with Peter. Rode the last 10km into Rosewood with Paula. It helped to ride with someone! It was really hot.

When we got into town we were met by a Police Command Post with about 20 police milling about. We wondered what was going on - and found out there was a bikie group, the Lifers and Deathers, in town for a tattoo convention! We were all bikers - it's just that some of us had an engine between the two wheels.

I had hot chips, sausage in bread, Gatorade and a shower when I got the tent up. The ground was really hard.

We had roast sirloin, chat pots, veggies, fruit salad and cream for dinner. Next year's ride route was announced - Gayndah to Noosa with the two night stopover in Hervey Bay.

The band was really good and I stayed until lights out! Unusual for me.

No comments: